Discover the beauty of Guadeloupe
Welcome to Guadeloupe, a true jewel of the Caribbean! Living six months on this tropical island is an unforgettable experience that will leave memories forever engraved in your heart. With its breathtaking landscapes, vibrant culture and friendly people, Guadeloupe is a true paradise on earth.
The advantages of Guadeloupe :
- White sand beaches and crystal clear waters
- Green mountains and refreshing waterfalls
- Ideal tropical climate all year round
- Delicious cuisine mixing French and Creole flavors
- Sports and water activities galore
A 6-month stay in tropical paradise
Imagine living for six months on an island where the sun shines almost every day, turquoise waters constantly call to you, and lush vegetation surrounds you. Guadeloupe offers an idyllic setting for an extended getaway, whether for a vacation, an internship or a gap year.
The advantages of a 6-month stay in Guadeloupe :
- More time to explore the island in every nook and cranny
- Opportunity to fully immerse yourself in the local culture and way of life
- Opportunity to discover the different seasons and festivals of Guadeloupe
- Increased chances of forming lasting friendships with locals
The must-sees of Guadeloupe
Guadeloupe is full of places and activities not to be missed. Here are some of the must-sees that you absolutely must add to your list when staying on the island.
The must-sees of Guadeloupe :
- The Saintes Islands: a picturesque archipelago to explore
- The Guadeloupe National Park: a nature reserve of incredible beauty
- La Soufrière: a majestic volcano to climb
- Local markets: to taste the exotic flavors of Guadeloupe
- Rum distilleries: to discover the manufacturing process of the famous Guadeloupean rum
Beaches, mountains and waterfalls to explore
In Guadeloupe, nature is king. You can spend your days discovering white sand beaches lined with coconut trees, swimming in turquoise waters and exploring the colorful seabed. But the island is not limited to its heavenly beaches: you can also venture into the lush mountains of the island's interior, where magnificent waterfalls await you.
The most beautiful beaches of Guadeloupe :
- Grande Anse in Deshaies
- Caravelle Beach in Sainte-Anne
- Datcha beach in Le Gosier
Mountains and waterfalls to explore :
- Carbet Falls
- Guadeloupe National Park
The ideal climate for a unique experience
With an average temperature of 25 degrees all year round, Guadeloupe offers an ideal tropical climate for a unique experience. You can enjoy the sun all year round, swim in warm waters and relax on the sandy beaches. The seasons are distinguished mainly by their humidity level, but this does not prevent you from enjoying all the wonders of the island.
The climate in Guadeloupe :
- Dry season (December to May): pleasant temperatures and low risk of precipitation
- Wet season (June to November): slightly higher temperatures and higher risk of precipitation
A mix of French and Creole culture
Guadeloupe is a true cultural melting pot, where French and Creole influences blend harmoniously. You will experience a rich and diverse culture, reflected in the island's language, music, dance and cuisine.
Cultural aspects not to be missed :
- The Creole language: discover local expressions and learn a few words to fully immerse yourself in Guadeloupean culture
- Music: let yourself be carried away by the catchy rhythms of zouk, reggae and traditional Guadeloupean music
- Dance: take part in a traditional dance class and learn the movements of gwoka, quadrille or beguine
Culinary specialties to savor without moderation
Guadeloupean cuisine is a real explosion of exotic and spicy flavors. Don't miss the opportunity to taste the island's typical dishes and drinks during your six-month stay in Guadeloupe.
Culinary specialties not to be missed :
- Chicken colombo: a spicy dish made from chicken meat and vegetables, accompanied by rice
- The bokit: a fried sandwich garnished with meat, fish or vegetables
- Ti-punch: a cocktail made with rum, cane sugar and lime
Sports activities not to be missed
Whether you are a water sports enthusiast, a passionate hiker or a golf enthusiast, Guadeloupe offers a multitude of sporting activities for all tastes and all levels.
Popular sporting activities in Guadeloupe :
- Scuba diving: explore the colorful seabed of the Cousteau reserve
- Hiking: climb to the summit of Soufrière or discover the trails of the Guadeloupe National Park
- Golf: Play on one of the island's golf courses, with stunning ocean views
Soak up Guadeloupean history and culture
Guadeloupe has a fascinating history and rich culture that is worth exploring. Take advantage of your six-month stay to visit the island's museums, historical sites and monuments.
Historical and cultural sites to visit :
- The ACTe Memorial: a cultural center dedicated to the memory of slavery and the slave trade
- La Maison du Cacao: discover the history and manufacturing process of Guadeloupean cocoa
- Rum distilleries: dive into the history of rum production in Guadeloupe
Live to the rhythm of local music and dance
Music and dance are essential elements of Guadeloupean culture. Let yourself be carried away by the lively rhythms of zouk, reggae and gwoka and take part in lively evenings where dancing is king.
Festivals and musical events not to be missed :
- The Terre de Blues Festival: an annual music festival that celebrates the sounds of the Caribbean
- Gwoka evenings: take part in a traditional ball and dance to the rhythm of gwoka drums
Meet warm and welcoming locals
Guadeloupeans are renowned for their warmth and welcome. Take advantage of your six-month stay to meet unforgettable people, interact with locals and discover their way of life.
Meetings not to be missed :
- Local markets: chat with sellers, taste local specialties and learn more about regional products
- Cultural associations: join a local association to meet people sharing the same interests and participate in cultural activities