Martinique is a magnificent island offering a wide variety of hikes for nature and trekking enthusiasts. Here is a list of the most spectacular hikes in Martinique:
- Mont Pelée: The Mont Pelée hike is a must for trekking enthusiasts. This mountain is the highest point on the island and offers breathtaking views of the northern coast of Martinique. The hike is quite difficult, but the spectacular views are worth it.
- La Trace des Caps: This hike follows the north coast of the island and offers spectacular views of the ocean and surrounding landscapes. The hike begins at Anse Couleuvre and follows the coast to Anse Céron.
- La Caravelle: This hike offers spectacular views of the east coast of the island. The hike follows the coastline of the Caravelle peninsula and offers views of cliffs and hidden coves.
- La Montagne Pelée: This hike follows dense rainforest trails and takes you through streams, waterfalls and ravines. The hike also offers views of the Montagne Pelée volcano.
- Les Gorges de la Falaise: This hike follows the gorges de la Falaise in the valley of the Falaise river. The hike offers spectacular views of waterfalls, natural pools and rock formations.
- La Savane des Pétrifications: This hike follows the trails through the forest of the Savane des Pétrifications, which is a protected area of the island. The hike offers views of petrified volcanic rocks, as well as the surrounding landscapes.
In short, Martinique offers a wide variety of hikes for nature and trekking enthusiasts. Whether you're looking to admire spectacular views, explore natural landscapes, or experience the island's culture, you're sure to find a hike that suits you in Martinique.